The New Mexico Council of Teachers of English (NMCTE), is an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), seeks to promote improvement in the teaching and learning of all phases of literacy and Language Arts, from Pre-K through Post-Secondary and in all content areas and languages.
The purposes of this organization shall be:
- To provide networking opportunities through conferences, social media, and professional development.
- To encourage cultural diversity and linguistic equality in the teaching of literacy.
- To serve as an information clearing house for the latest literacy research and best practice.
- To articulate literacy development and instruction.
- To promote and interact with inspirational leaders in the fields of literacy education, language, and literature.
- To promote and interact with New Mexico authors, illustrators, and storytellers.
- To collaborate and connect with other literacy activities in the state, such as conferences, schools, districts, colleges, and university departments, the New Mexico Public Education Department and other educational agencies, and NCTE.
- To encourage self-efficacy within teaching and learning.
- To support teachers and learners of literacy across New Mexico.